The Rethinking Economics Australia Student Journal seeks to contribute to pluralist and open-minded thinking in economics by providing an opportunity for students across Australia to share and get feedback on the ideas they developed in their studies.
Submitting to, editing, and reading the journal, opens up an opportunity for students to collaborate with other students, as well as academic and industry partners, across the Rethinking Economics network.
This collaboration welcomes submissions that take pluralist and open-minded approaches to the study of economics and its role in addressing problems pertinent to the real world.
Detailed information for authors can be found here.
Special Edition: the Market and the Environment
The first edition of the Rethinking Economics Australia Student Journal, published in partnership with NCEconomics, will have the special theme, the Market and the Environment.
Submitting a paper of up to 3000-words will give you the opportunity to receive feedback on your abstract from academics, as well as feedback on your paper itself from fellow students.
Several prizes will be awarded by the team at NCEconomics:
- Three $100 prizes for the best submissions under the special theme.
- Two $150 prizes for the best responses to one of the following prompts:
- Can economics halt biodiversity decline?
- How can economics improve water quality in the Great Barrier Reef?
- Why should economics be used to allocate water in the Murray Darling Basin?
The criteria used to evaluate your submission may be found here.
Deadline for abstracts: Rolling from now until May 17, 2021
Deadline for papers: July 1, 2021
You may still submit an abstract after May 17, 2021, but we will be unable to guarantee you feedback from a member of our advisory team.
There are two items to submit:
- An abstract of your paper by May 17, 2021. This shouldn’t exceed 150 words.
- Your manuscript by July 01, 2021. The manuscript should be under 3000 words or under a 10-page limit excluding references.
Submissions should follow the detailed information for authors above and can be sent by email, along with any questions you might have, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on the special edition in PDF form.